Skiing is a recreational activity and competitive sport in which the participant attaches long runners or International Ski Federation.
The oldest and most accurately documented evidence of skiing origins is found in modern day Norway and Sweden. The earliest primitive carvings circa 5000 B.C. depict a skier with one 
The word “ski” itself is one of a handful of words Norway has exported to the international community. It comes from the 
Alpine ski racing as an organised sport commenced in both America and Australia. The first recreational ski club was formed in 1861 at 
 Types of skiing
Also called downhill skiing, typically, it takes place at a Alps, and is characterized by fixed-heel bindings that attach at both the toe and the heel of the skier’s boot. Sub-genres of alpine skiing include:
In alpine skiing, for every 1000 people skiing in a day, on average between two and four will require medical attention. Knee injuries account for 33 percent of injuries. Most accidents are the result of user error leading to an isolated fall.
Cross-country or backcountry skiing is the oldest form of skiing and was developed in Nordic skiing include:
 See also
- U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association
- Grass skiing
- Roller skiing
- Winter sport
- Skiing and snowboarding on film and video
- 100 Years of Skiing commemorative coin, minted on 26 January 2005
- List of ski areas and resorts
- World ski championships
- Chronology timeline, North American ski mountaineering backcountry skiing
- IOL: Wiping the snow off Greenland’s oldest ski
- The cradle of skiing (Norway – the official site in the United States)
- Skiing and the Creation of a Norwegian Identity (Norway – the official site in the United States)
- The Melbourne Argus, 6 July 1908.
- Langran, Mike. “FAQ”. ski-injury.com. http://www.ski-injury.com/. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Skiing|
- Skiing at the Open Directory Project
- International Skiing History Association Publishes Skiing Heritage six times annually.
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article snow skiing, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.